Sunday 10 June 2012

Timothy Bradley Won a Disputed Split Decision to Manny Pacquiao



Timothy Bradley won a disputed split decision to Manny Pacquiao, ending remarkable run of Filipino fighter and handing him his first loss in seven years.

It was not easy and it was not without controversy, with the crowd booing loudly pro-Pacquiao when the decision was announced.
Pacquiao landed more punches and seemed to land punches harder. But when the scorecards were added, Bradley was up 115-113 on two scorecards and behind by the same margin on third. The Associated Press had Pacquiao winning 117-111.
Pacquiao tried to make the fight in a fight, using his power to hurt Bradley in the early rounds. But Bradley has changed tactics in the intermediate steps and used his boxing skills to win enough rounds to make the decision to close the welterweight title.
"I thought I won the fight,'' said Bradley." I do not think it was as good as everyone said it was. I have not felt its power .''
The statistics showed the Ringside punching Pacquiao landing 253 punches to 159 for Bradley, who promised before the fight to take the title from Pacquiao.Bradley was so confident he had the tickets printed for an oversized hand on November 10 which will now likely to occur.
Bradley seemed hurt in the fourth and fifth rounds, but Pacquiao was landing punches in big trouble later. Yet he seemed in control throughout the fight, but on the scorecards by the judge.
"Can you believe it? Unbelievable,'' promoter Bob Arum said." I went to Bradley before the decision and he said, "I tried but I could not beat the guy.''
Bradley said he injured his ankle in the second round, and trainer Joel Diaz said he could not stop smoking or try to take the fight to Pacquiao.
"I did my best,'' Pacquiao said." I guess my best was not good enough.''
Pacquiao said he has studied Bradley on the tape before the fight and was not surprised by everything he did. He said he thought he was in control of the fight and was shocked when the decision went against him.
"It never hurts me with his blows, most of them landed on my arm,'' Pacquiao said.
Arum said there would be a rematch, but he criticized the judgment. Arum has contracts with both fighters.
"I'll make lots of money on the rematch, but this was outrageous,'' said Arum.

No comments:

Post a Comment